Monday, June 22, 2009

Search Engine Optimization, How to get your page noticed!


Running a website is essentially like running a business. Having plenty customers is analogous to having plenty page viewers. But how can we reach out to potential viewers? Search engine optimization is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a website. Don sat me down and discussed exactly how to gain direct views and drive traffic to my site. He expressed to me that on search engines there are "natural" and "paid" searches. A natural search can be obtained through the relevancy and of the page and the popularity of the page. A paid search is obtained through paying to have your content advertised.

I could also drive traffic to this blog by advertising it on my facebook status and my twitter tweets. This is a direct way of getting to a close network of people I may already know to view my site. Also engaging people about the site instead of simply posting about it may also be very helpful.

I should make sure that the content on my blog reflects what my blog is about to build page relevancy. (A blog about digital marketing should literally mention digital marketing numerous times) I also learned I could link in and link out of sites to drive traffic.

All of these techniques are ways of promoting my blog and getting my page views.
How successful is your site?

No comments:

Post a Comment